I participated in the St. Luke's Women's Celebration 5K on Saturday. It was such a blast! It is the biggest women's race in the nation and we have thousands of women participate each year. I was amazed at just how many women and children there were! There were different brackets to sign up for. You could either compete for medals or just for fun. I signed up for the "just for fun" section because I don't like running or competing! I wanted to just walk it. I went with a couple girls and we had a lot of fun. It was cold and it ended up raining on us, but we still did pretty good.
The race celebrates women's health and the money from the race goes to research for different woman's health issues. It was a very uplifting day-it was all about what do we celebrate in our lives? As I was walking, I thought of all the things I celebrate.
Here are just a few:
My Religion-I celebrate the knowledge that I have of the restored gospel.
My Family-All of them! They have always been my greatest supporters.
My Health-I take for granted how healthy I am.
Living in America-We are so blessed to live in a free country.
No comments:
Post a Comment