Wednesday, August 13, 2008

busy, busy, busy!!!

This summer has flown by and I haven't had hardly any time to blog! I've been gone every other week (literally)--visiting family and doing fun things. I would love to sit and post about everything we've been doing, but I'm busy packing and cleaning and doing laundry for our next crazy adventure!!!!!

So, here's a quick update on the fam:

Toby: He finishes his LAST MBA CLASS today! Good luck on your final and WAHOO for finishing! He'll be getting all A's this semester and I'm soooo proud of him.

Dallas: He got his first hair cut! The mullet had to go.....Now we have fun spiking it up and we always get stopped by the old ladies where ever we go. "Look at all his hair!!! A hair cut already??? How cute!! How soft!!!" Then they proceed to run their hands through his hair......leave my baby alone!

He's already 11 weeks old and he'll be 3 months on the 27th. Time sure does fly by fast when you have a new baby! He's learning all sorts of new things and I love it when he babbles. He's already 11 pounds 7 oz and 23 1/2 inches long. That means he's in the 50% for weight and 75% for height. He sleeps roughly 6-7 hours at night and I feel like a new woman because of all that sleep!!!! (except for right now. the stinker has been sick and is up every few hours or so.....not fun, poor kid). We'll be blessing him in Utah at the family reunion this month and are excited to show him off to my family.

(can't find an updated photo of me-since I'M the one always taking them!) Tammy: I'm still trying to figure out how to do daily "stuff" (ie-laundry, dishes, cooking....everything) with a baby. Been busy with a wedding photo shoot and two engagement photo shoots-still love to take photos!

And there you have it-our summer in a nut shell. I'll be posting TONS of photos in the next few weeks after things die down.

14 comments:

Katie said...

Been missing your posts lately. Glad you're back!
Toby: YOU ARE AWESOME! Goodluck on the final and congrats for working so hard!
Dallas- You are soo cute and I love the hair cut.
Tammy- I know you're a stellar mom- but don't forget to take time for you!
Love and miss you guys

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Hey, you have done a lot better than I have keeping up. Updating blog is on my list of things to do this week, but when this week, hmmmm.

We are so proud of the progress Dallas is making, he changes so much every time we see him. And we are all so proud of Toby. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you are all so glad to be done with the student life. And we are definitely proud of Tammy taking on the challenge of a wedding photo shoot, that is such a daunting experience that only the bravest take on. You are all so amazing.

Lauren said...

Congrats to Toby!! Sounds like you've had a fun and busy summer. Let us know when the baby blessing is, maybe we could come!!

Tawny said...

Congratulations Toby!!! How nice is that to be done. Yeah. I can't wait until I'm done. Way to go on getting Dallas' hair cute. He is super cute. Can't wait to see him and you guys again this weekend.

Heather Capener said...

Congratulations Toby!!! That is awesome, I'm sure it is the best feeling ever! We have to celebrate. When are you guys done running around? We want to get together with everyone for games or something. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Debbie said...

Congratulations Toby! Well done! Thank you for sharing your crazy life with us. (or maybe it is crazy because of us) We have loved all your visits. The other option of course is just to leave Dallas here and you stay home. We love seeing him! See you soon!

Heidi Bitsch said...

Congrats Toby! Tammy, I'm glad you're getting a little more sleep now. I'm sure that must be so refreshing. :) We need to get together when you guys are done running around, we really miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Tammy - you can't do it all and that's OK. Take care of yourself (when you do, you have more to give your family), enjoy life while creating great memories, and just try to keep the Health Dept away from the door :-). Seriously, though, there's a difference between good home-grown clutter and filth. Find your comfort level and just do a little every day. I highly recommend FlyLady.com

I love reading your blog and seeing all your accomplishments. You all look so happy together and that is priceless.

Heidi Peterson said...

Congrats Toby! That is so awesome! Finally you are finished! Cute pics of Dallas. He is so cute! Yes, I agree with Heather, we all need to get together soon after you get done playing this summer:) Laters!

Linda said...

WooHoo Toby! It's great to have a second MBA in the fam. You rock!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of days and meet Dallas. (He is seriously sooo darling!)
Drive safely with that car full of precious cargo...
Love, Linda

Lindsey Walker said...

Congrats to Toby! That is so exciting and what an accomplishment,all A's good job. And Dallas is looking cuter than ever, love the haircut. So you guys are moving? Where to? How exciting keep us updated on all the new adventures. P.S. I am so so so sad I won't get to see everyone at the family reunion! Tell everyone hi for me.

Katie L said...

Boy, you have been busy! I'm glad everything is well and fine for you guys! When Calvin and Ronin were babies, I would stick them in a portable swing, put them on the kitchen table, and work while they watched and swung. It's a weird transition, but I bet you are doing a wonderful job!!!

Dave and Abby said...

Oh Tammy, I'm soooo excited for you! What a wonderful mom I'm sure you are and will be. Enjoy the sleepless nights, changing diapers and being sprayed, drool ALL over your clothes at church...you know, all the joys of motherhood! :) Actually, I really can't speak from experience since we don't have any kids yet, but really, despite all the gooey-ness that goes with babies, I'm so jealous (in a delighted sense of the word:) Congratulations! He's beautiful.

Abby (Nordstrom) Thuet

Unknown said...

You're little boy is ADORABLE! I still can't believe how long his hair is.
Well we are back in Rexburg and we saw your father in-law at church. He said you guys went to Vegas. Lucky! Hope you had a blast.