Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Love Day!

 We were pretty low key this year--I didn't even decorate!  That's unusual for me, because I always decorate for Valentine's day.  I love the holiday.  Not the mushy parts, but the red and pink and cute hearts.  The only decor I had out was the new Valentine plate my Mom and I made when she was here visiting.  Guess I'd better do better next year.

 We did however, sneak over to Daddy's work and decorate his car!  The boys and I cut out hearts and wrote things that we loved about Toby and put them all over his car.  The boys loved this and it was super easy. 

 I can't for the life of me-get my boys to stay still to take a photo.  It was this one or an even more blurry one of them both jumping and screaming.  Oh well.  We wanted to have a photo of Daddy and his car.  I think we made him happy.  I also had cookies all decorate for him too.

We've never gone out for the big night, we usually do something like heart shaped pizza (we had that Monday night) but we this year we did yummy steaks on the grill for dinner!  Mashed potatoes, lobster bisque, Cesar salad and hot fresh bread from the over.  Yum!!!  It was a great Valentine's day. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines day! You guys are good to your dad! Different type of heart attack at the hospital!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I finally got a chance to sit down and catch up on your blog. Holy cow, I miss hanging out so much! Seriously, I loved all the cute things you and your mom made (and yes Ryker and Michelle still think of her as Lovey.) Your trip to McCall looked so fun. The picture of your living room after your boys were done playing made me sooooo home sick for you guys. Ryker and Michelle keep asking to visit you guys and I just want to say yes and hop in the car and go!

Now I just need to figure out when we are going to take the time off and go on our vacation.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I finally got a chance to sit down and catch up on your blog. Holy cow, I miss hanging out so much! Seriously, I loved all the cute things you and your mom made (and yes Ryker and Michelle still think of her as Lovey.) Your trip to McCall looked so fun. The picture of your living room after your boys were done playing made me sooooo home sick for you guys. Ryker and Michelle keep asking to visit you guys and I just want to say yes and hop in the car and go!

Now I just need to figure out when we are going to take the time off and go on our vacation.