Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!




I love the 4th of July!
I love everything red, white and blue. I love that we live in America and all the blessings we receive because of where we live. I am thankful for all those men and women who fight to keep us free! Happy Day!

This morning we had breakfast at the Bishop's house. We had to be there at 7:30 to help cook. That meant that we had to get up at 6:40 because he lives a half hour away....that was not fun.

Then, Toby and I spent the day at the pool. It got over 100 degrees here. Felt like we were back in Vegas! The pool was nice and cold and we had a great time throwing the football around.

Tonight, we spent the evening with the married ward and had a bbq. I made a flag cake with strawberries and blueberries. It was quite yummy. Another girl from the ward made a really cool Uncle Sam's Top Hat cake that was really good as well.
We spent the hot evening playing games and just talking. They boys got all sweaty because they played tennis and basketball.

We all pooled a little bit of money together and bought fireworks. It was fun to set them off. The strob fireworks were the worst though-I had to cover my eyes, so I wouldn't get a headache.
When it finally got dark, we hunkered down to watch the fireworks......only to realize that the trees were in the way! Oh well! We got to see part of them, and listen to the music that matched it from the radio. We all laughed about it and we still had a great time. I miss being in the married ward but the singles ward is slowly growing on me.

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Tammy,
We love you in the Marrieds Ward, but are glad you're enjoying yourselves in the Singles Ward. It was a great 4th of July, and we're glad we got to spend it with you.
Your cake was beautiful!! You are so talented.