It was so neat to go back to Whidby Island. I haven't been back there for 10 1/2 years! So much has changed but yet, I still knew my way around. We rode over on the ferry and stayed on the base in Oak Harbor. We went to the Admiralty Head lighthouse, Fort Ebey, Fort Casey, Deception Pass Bridge, went hiking, the boys (and katie-who wanted to drive the golf cart) went golfing, went to the beaches (they were freezing!)we went bowling, out to dinner, and shopping! We were going to rent a boat but the water was too choppy so the base dudes wouldn't let us. We showed Toby were we used to live and drove him around the base. I saw my old junior high and it is competely redone. I can't believe how time changes things. When were were at Deception Pass bridge, it was such a clear day that you could see Canada and the Cascade Mountains. The old growth forests were gorgeous. The trees and brush were so thick, they aren't like the forests in Utah or Idaho. A lot more greener and thicker.
The Family at Deception Pass The beach-notice all the drift wood? As a kid, I used to make forts with all the wood.
We went to the city of Coupville, which is near Oak Harbor and got ice-cream. We also stopped in at Toby's Tavern! We have glasses that say Toby's on it. He's quite famous.
The fam up top the lighthouse
Toby and Tammy peeking up from the stairs
Smile everyone!
Notice the sign says, "Dangerous Drop Off"
2 comments:
Seeing all these great Whidbey Island photos reminded me of our visit there one spring break a few years back. I have some really fond memories of that trip. Doesn't seem that long ago, until you make comments like "As a kid, I used to...." Time sure marches on, doesn't it?
Love the Toby's tavern!!! Did you get more mugs?
Post a Comment