Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Baby update and puking

Baby--We went to the doctors today and everything seems to be going well. We got to hear the heartbeat and that was so neat! It was fun to hear our baby. My doctor said it was a good, fast, strong heartbeat and that the baby was moving all over the place since she had to keep moving the Doppler around. My babe seems to be the size of a peach and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. We don't get to find out what the baby will be until January 3. I was hoping it would be at Christmas time, but oh well.
Toby uses Dopplers at the hospital and I get to bring one home to Spokane for Thanksgiving! That means that my fam will get to hear the baby. I am super excited about that. Hope they like it!
Puking-- I know that I was a projectile puker when I was a little girl, but I haven't puked in almost 10 years. Last night, I wasn't feeling to hot. I think it was the long car ride home (we drove home from Utah) and the fact that my headache was becoming a migraine and that I hadn't eaten too much. I was too sick to want to eat on the drive home.......
So, I made myself Ramen Noodle soup for dinner. Toby was at school and I was home alone. Soup sounded good and I thought that it would be okay in my belly. Well, it wasn't! I HATE to puke, it hurts me and I can't stand the thought of anything coming up and out of my mouth. I started to get really sick and my cheeks felt like they were sucking in. Too much saliva being produced. I called Toby to see where he was and he was on his way home. I put him on speaker phone and he tried to tell me to just wait till he gets home. He knows what a big baby I am (I was in tears-that's how much I hate puking). I hate being sick. All of a sudden I had to put the phone down because here comes brown soup and noodles! I puked and poor Toby had to hear it through the phone. It was SOOOO GROSS! I can't believe that I puked after so many years. I went straight to bed after I brushed my teeth. It was not a good night!

Good thing, I woke up feeling just fine! Hope I don't puke for another 10 years! I am glad I didn't puke because I was pregnant, just sick. Luckily, I have had a really good pregnancy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad everything is going well. I loved hearing Andrew's heartbeat. I would use the doppler all the time at work. I am sorry about the ramen noodle soup....I should have warned you...the noodles are really nasty coming back up. I hope you are feeling better.
Tallie

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear that you are feeling sick, but isn't it so exciting to hear the heartbeat for the first time. Was that the first time? Anyway, hope that you get to feeling better. BTW, Gary's sister Tiffany lives in Boise. Her husband is a news caster...Scott Evans. I don't know how big Boise is or anything, but maybe you will run into her sometime.

Anonymous said...

I was laughing so hard when I read this! I'm sorry that you pucked, but it was funny thinking about you getting all worked up and then Toby trying to comfort you. Pregnancy has a funny way of doing weird things to your body. It's all worth it, though! (Oh, and I'm sorry, too!)
Ashley

Katie said...

Welcome to pregnancy. Lol, that sucks. I remember those days. Good luck with that.

Lauren said...

Keep smiling...the end result is worth a little puke (though, I'm not one to say much because I've never been pregnant, but I seem to get food poisoning a lot and so I know how bad puking is!)
Your pictures are great. I can tell you were busy this weekend while you were here...no worries about not getting together. There's always another time.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry about the puking thing. If it makes you feel better I only puked once with Michelle and it was my toothpaste, yucky. Your siblings will totally love hearing the heartbeat of your baby though. My sister, nieces, nephews were always trying to feel and touch the baby. Yeah for babies.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry about the puking thing. If it makes you feel better I only puked once with Michelle and it was my toothpaste, yucky. Your siblings will totally love hearing the heartbeat of your baby though. My sister, nieces, nephews were always trying to feel and touch the baby. Yeah for babies.

Katie L said...

I hope everything evens out. You're lucky about not having morning sickness! I hope your sickness was due to the migrane and long car ride instead of your pregnancy. The first half of my pregnancy with Calvin was spent throwing up! The day we found out he was a boy, I was so excited, I threw up all over our car!!!!

Justin and Tiffany Walker said...

Tammy- sorry to hear about the throwing up thing. When I was in my 6th or 7th month of pregnancy I came down with some sort of stomach flu. I had been so proud of the fact I had only thrown up 5 times, and then for one night I threw up every half hour until I finally went to the hospital to have a shot that would keep this cycle from continuing. The good news? It kinda cures you from the fear of throwing up...I totally hate it too. My ribs hurt sooo bad, but I take it like a champ now. I hope you feel better! Baby Tammy is soo worth it!!