Monday, October 3, 2011

Black Burlap Halloween Wreath

 Yes, yes-another idea from Pinterest.  This is my second burlap wreath.  The first one I made is big and orange.  I need to add my damask ribbon and then I'll take a photo of it.  I wanted to try my hand at a black one so I made this tonight.  It didn't take me too long. 

I used almost 2 yards of black burlap.  Cut them into strips and then tied them onto a 4 ring metal wreath frame.  Then I added some embellishments I found at Tai Pan and stuck them on the wreath.  I'm sure I'll be tweaking them around so it looks better, but it will do for now. 

I really love these wreaths and will be making one for Valentine's day with red burlap.  I'll get photos up of my orange one soon.  I like that one the best!  I'm excited to get my Halloween decor all up-right now it's all over the place!  The boys are going crazy with wanting to help me and I often have to re-do or undo what they have "decorated"  :)

Anyways, what do you think?  Thumbs up or down?  Toby was sort of in the middle.  He liked the orange one better and is beginning to wonder how many wreaths I need for our home.  Silly husband.  :)

2 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

Well, aren't you just miss crafty Crafterson! I love all of your Halloween projects!! Just wish I wasn't so broke so I could do a few of my own-hahaha.

Debbie said...

I like them both but I think orange shows up better, maybe just in pictures...

Can't have too many wreaths. And a decorated house is a happy house.