Friday, February 27, 2009

9 Months

***For my journal.

I can't believe that Dallas is already 9 months old. Enough said.
He is growing more and more every single day. We are in size 2 diapers by day, and size 3 at night. (took a few leaks for me to realize that he needs a bigger diaper at night....slow learner) He can still fit into 6 month clothing, but is so tall that even the 9 month clothing looks short on him! He's a skinny kid. We go for his 9 month check up on Monday and I'll post his stats then.
He loves to eat real food and usually likes what we give him. Sometimes he's not too fond of veggies, and gets quite offended when I feed him beans. It's quite funny. I think he takes after his mom and loves spices. Sometimes I'll give him a few bites of what I'm eating and he loves it. I hope he stays a pretty good eater.
He is moving EVERYWHERE! He's not crawling yet, but can leap forward and scoot or roll to get anything he wants. No more putting him on my bed or somewhere where I can't watch him all the time. He wants to walk, and I'm sure run---it will happen sooner than later.
He is sort of sleeping through the night. I think he is growing because he has started to wake up again and want to eat. I am hoping this ends soon as we all know that I need sleep! Often times when I come to check on him at night, he is face down in bed. He loves to sleep on his belly. This scares me and I turn him over. Then I fret all night that he is going to suffocate and Toby will tell you that I've gotten up many times to see if he's breathing. Will I ever stop being paranoid???
He LOVES being outside. We go for walks almost everyday-even if it's just to the mail box and around the apartment complex. If it's sunny, we'll go to the park and swing. It's so fun to see how happy he gets when he's on the swings. He loves to play at the park and see other kids.
Still loves to read books and will sit by himself and open them. He doesn't chew on them yet! I hope to teach him not to eat the books and so far, he's doing good.
He knows some sign language. We're working on "all done," "more" and "yeah!"
He loves his dad and me too, I think. I never in my life thought that motherhood would be so hard. I look around at other people's blogs and they seem to have this mothering thing down just so and that their children are perfect. I know that we only write what we want people to read, but it still makes me wonder if I'm the only one who has troubles sometimes. I hope that I become the perfect mother someday, but it will take me a long time to get there. I guess a few more babies will help too. Despite a few days of wishing I wasn't in this full time job, I truly do love Dallas. He makes me so happy and I am amazed at the little things that bring him joy. He is a beautiful baby!
***9 month photos to come soon. We still have some nasty colds in my household and you can see it in his face that he doesn't feel very good. Hopefully we'll be getting better.

11 comments:

The Jatens said...

We only write what we want people to read! I have actually had such bad days with the kids that I have called Isaac, at work, bauling and acutally had him come home early to give me relief! You are a great mom. Kids are super hard. It takes a lot out of you. Your just honest about how hard it is . . . I just try to convince myself that it's super easy, but it doesn't really work. He is so cute and getting so big. I can't wait to see you at the reunion this summer!

The Jatens said...

Oh, one more thing. I do think kids get a little easier when they are older and more independent. I found as my kids get older they "need my attention" less. It also helps if there is a sibling to play with. :-) Or, at least that's my personal opinion. Cade is easy right now because all he does is sleep, but I'm sure I'll be pulling my hair out in a couple months!

Brie said...

I totally remember checking on Kayden multiple times in a night when he started to roll over to his tummy. I used to set time limits, like "I wont check on him for 15 minutes" I gradually worked up to NOT waking up at 2am to check that he was still breathing! You're not the only crazy one!!!
Check out Baby Signing Time. Heather and I used it with the boys and they LOVED it! They have 4 DVDs now with great songs that we sing around the house all the time.

Lindsey Walker said...

I feel about marriage how you feel about motherhood. I think it is so hard, and feel like I am the only one who thinks that!!! I can completely relate to those feelings and am scared to death about having kids as well, because marriage has been such a shocker. People only write on their blogs what they want people to know. Everyone has a hard time. You are doing great and are a wonderful mother!

Debbie said...

Happy nine months to Dallas. He is beautiful even when he doesn't feel good. You write your feelings so well, we all know how genuine you are and we love you for it. You are doing a hard job - the hardest in the world but it will always be intermixed with the most joy possible to receive and amazing growth for you. Part of the plan. But bon bons and soap operas sound easier...
Heck ICU was easier!

Krystal said...

Dallas is such a cutie. I can't believe he is already nine months old! I'm sure you are a great mom. Motherhood is rough sometimes, I agree, but it's fun too. :) Are you guys still in Boise?

Jen said...

Motherhood is the hardest thing but the best all at the same time. I feel like I'm a bad mom all the time. I feel like all I do is clean up and try and teach Hunter right from wrong and then he always reminds me that I have failed at it, yet again. There are joyous times and thank heavens. It's hard to be a mom and a wife and try to be perfect at it all. You're not the only one struggling I'm afraid for us it's got to get worse before it gets better. Keep your chin up your an awesome mom and some day Dallas will thank you for being his mom.

Heidi Bitsch said...

I love that picture of Dallas, he looks like a little man. I can't believe it's been almost a year since we came to visit you and Toby and your newest addition in the hospital. I know you have your hard days at being a mom, but I know the person that you are, so I know that you are a great mom. I'm sure Dallas thinks the same and would tell you if he could talk right now. :)

Katie The Lady said...

What an incredibly handsome man!!! I swear, he is so adorable!!! Yay for 9months of healthy, happy, Dallas. I bet you have been a great mom so far. Aren't you so glad the baby part is almost done? It only gets better and more fun!

Anonymous said...

CAN'T BELIEVE HE ID 9 MONTHS OLD! TIME HAS GONE BY SO FAST!


Megan

Anonymous said...

is sorry