Saturday, February 28, 2009

Blog Honesty

I love blogging, I really do. I don't have much free time (anytime) and when I do, I like to read blogs and see photos and hear about life outside my little 2 bedroom apartment. So today, I was thinking about motherhood and my baby being 9 months old and why I feel like everyone is perfect but me............and I realized that we only put on the blogs what we want others to see. Why would anyone put something on the blog that would make them look less than perfect???

Then I started to think of the blogs I love to read on a daily basis. Why do I love these blogs? It's because the women who write are human! Not only do they write about their perfect days, but they write about their days where they haven't showered and their kids are making them pull their hair out.

So, my conclusion is this-- I am going to start writing about all of my days-the ups and the downs. I use this blog as a journal and I should be able to write what I want. Why am I so afraid to write something that might make me look silly or less than perfect?! We all know that I'm not, so let the blog honesty begin!

Hope this post makes sense. It's almost 1am and my son is rolling around on my bed because Toby and I decided to watch some tv shows on the Internet. We have to go and check on him to make sure he hasn't rolled off the bed (which he almost did) and that he isn't face down (which he was at some point). Ahhh......

Toby just said good night and good riddance. Good night.

4 comments:

The Jatens said...

I think I don't blog on my bad days because I'm too tired, mad, etc! I look forward to some great blog reads.

The Grimmett's said...

What a great idea! Sometimes I share about my bad days, but I should more often because I use it as a journal too!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

Well since Michelle and Ryker took over writing on our blog, I am sure they are going to write more about my inadequacies (and boy there are a lot of them). Oh well, I am only human and definitely learning so much about being a wife and mother.

Katie The Lady said...

I love reading about everyone's bad days too! They give me a smile because I've usually been there and done that. Then again, I'm also always writing about less than flattering events in my life-hahaha! I love thinking of my blog as a family journal. I know I'll find it so funny reading, years from now.