Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Train Ride

On Saturday we went on a Christmas train ride using the Thunder Mountain Line up in Horseshoe Bend. It was so much fun! We went on the North Pole Express. It was a great day with barely any snow and it wasn't too cold. We headed up there and met Tory and Elizabeth and their clan. We're glad to hang out with family!

Doesn't he look so cute?!? He loved looking out the window at the Payette River and the pretty mountains.

Elizabeth, Tory and Michelle. The train was old fashioned and decorated for Christmas. We sang Christmas carols and they passed out coloring books and crayons and we also wrote a letter to Santa. They said that he always writes back so Dallas is looking forward to getting the mail. :)

Toby, Tammy and Dallas. It was a nice long ride-3 hours total. An hour up, an hour to spend at the North Pole visiting Santa and his Elves and then an hour back. Great way to spend the afternoon as a family.

We made it to the North Pole! There was Santa's workshop all lit up with lights and a place for his reindeer.

There was a village all set up and two huge bonfires to keep warm. We were given cookies and milk as a snack-yum!

Us by the train. You could even sit outside if you wanted too. It was way to cold for me but both Tory and Toby went out for awhile.

Such a pretty day! The mountains just had a dusting of snow and were so beautiful.

We're at the North Pole!

I was worried that Dallas would freak at Santa, but he didn't. He knew exactly who he was and went right to him. We were able to capture a photo-even though D baby isn't smiling, he did have a great time. On the train on the way back, Santa came through the cabins and visited with all the families. I thought that was really nice. He let Dallas touch his beard (which was actually quite beautiful and white--and real!).

The whole clan! We had a great time. Something I would totally do next year.
****Side note-the bathrooms were the SMALLEST I have ever been in. Smaller than a plane's bathroom, and that's saying a lot. I hardly fit and and to figure out how to fit my basketball belly in so I could shut the door. I think it took me 15 minutes or more to actually get in, go to the bathroom and get out. CRAZY. I only did it once---despite how bad I had to go. :)

6 comments:

Debbie said...

so fun! uh, where are you hiding that basketball? You do not look like a nine month pregnant girl. Love the pic of Dallas looking out the window. You always take the best pictures.

Clinton and Jessica said...

that looks so fun!!!

Katie The Lady said...

HOW FUN! I love trains! Wow, you guys do a lot of fun things together!! Hahahaha- if you barely fit in the restroom, being pregnant, I wonder how huge people can go-hahaha. Looks like so much fun!

Heidi Bitsch said...

That looks like such a fun time! And I have to agree with Debbie, you do not look like you are 9 months pregnant! So excited for the new little guy to show himself by the way. Here's hoping he shows up soon!

Tory and Elizabeth said...

That was one fun train ride! I am pretty sure this will be on the list of things to do from now on.

Isaac and Tallie said...

What a fun Christmas outing! Andrew would love the train. It looks like you had a great time.