Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby Food

We decided to try and make some baby food--sounded easy enough! What a mess we made! We made butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I cut and boiled them and then we put them in the blender. I had bought some Tupperware that look like ice cube trays except that they are for baby food. They are in 2 oz sections and have a lid to cover them. Then you just stick it in the freezer to freeze and when they are frozen, I stick them in a bag labeled what they are. Pretty easy and super cheap! I also bought a travel food processor to take with me on trips. That way I can just feed him what we are eating. So far, he seems to like my food. Looks like Toby does too!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I did not Know you could make baby food! COOL! Iwant to make it when you get here. (Today!) Can I feed him too?

The Jatens said...

I used to make my own baby food. It was way cheap and I think it tasted better. I just used regular ice cube trays. I didn't know they sold special ones. That's cool. Green beans and peas are good ones. My kids liked mine way better than store bought baby food.

Debbie said...

Hey if Dallas is eating squash then maybe his mom should too.

Linda said...

Geniel used to have a baby-food grinder of some sort--maybe less messy than a blender.

Can't wait to see you guys. Do I get a turn feeding Dallas or do I have to fight off all those YOUNG aunties?

Love, Linda

Katie The Lady said...

That is so great and much cheaper then baby food! I use to buy canned veggies and mush them up, because it was much cheaper then other store baby food, but this is just brilliant! Good job