Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poo

Disclaimer-This is like a family journal and therefore I need to write things down that I wish to remember. Although I'm not too sure about this one! Feel free to skip this post!

For two days now, Dallas has pooed in the tub. The first one was on Sunday and I yelled for Toby to help me clean it up. That one wasn't so bad.
Then yesterday, the kid decides to do it again.....IT WAS DISGUSTING! I've been mixing Pear Juice in his cereal to help him be regular and yesterday it just kept coming and coming. It was a little bit green and gooey and when I picked him up to hold him and get him out of the nasty water, he pooed on my hands and arm! EWWWWW! Trying to pick up the poo from the tub was a nightmare too because when I went to pick it up, it would just fall apart. Now all you who know me, know I can't stand bodily functions (the reason I didn't become a nurse!) and this about put me over the edge. It was so hard holding a wet naked baby in one arm and clean the tub in the other. GROSS. Thank you so much for that experience Dallas. I realllllllly appreciate it.

***Before I started mixing pear juice in his cereal, he would have the worst farts ever-had Toby been home, I would've blamed them on him! They stunk sooooooo bad. One time I put Dallas down for a nap and covered his bed with blankets so he couldn't see me (he wasn't quite asleep yet and he would keep his eyes open if I was in the room). When it was time to wake up, I went in there and almost gaged. He had farted and it stunk up the whole room. When I pulled back the blanket, I about died! No wonder he was bawling-he was probably gaging on the fumes. Poor kid! It smelled as if something died in his bed and sat there for ages, but it was only a fart!

7 comments:

Aileen and Aaron Trost said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only mother who's had a horrid experience with baby poo. Kyrie (my 2 1/2 year old) used to give me bad experiences.

Jen said...

You make me laugh! I hate it when Hunter does that. It's a pain in the butt to clean up and it's just gross and discusting all together. You're not alone in this one. (thank heavens, I think that's what keeps us mom's sane is knowing that we're not alone)

Lindsey Walker said...

Tammy, you make me laugh so hard!! This post is hilarious.

Katie The Lady said...

I love the posts that shouldn't be posted-hahaha! I have a few of my own, but like you said, it is important to remember these discusting moments too! My heart goes out to you...I hope he doesn't like the feel of pooping in the tub, because then you'll never get him to stop-hahaha!

Unknown said...

OK so I started reading this post thinking I could handle it, but stopped after the green gooey something or other. So, instead I caught up on the millions of posts you recently did. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun this Halloween. Halloween just isn't the same when you're married and have no kids...oh and you live in Rexburg. Let us know when you come down here though. I want to see you're little one, and you of course ;)

Anonymous said...

Awhhh Tam -

I hope he doesn't stink up the house when he comes here - even though I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair...

Love ya Baby D! Oh and you too Tam :) and Toby...

Brie said...

Kayden had issues with rice cereal when we started him on it too... we went to oatmeal but soon just gave him stage one all by itself. It turns out there is no proven reason why they have to be started on cereal. It just binds them all up! Also, my dr suggested dark karo syrup (teaspoon) added to a 6 oz bottle to help 'free' him up. it worked wonders but didnt make him have the runs!