Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Dallas!

Happy Birthday my sweet baby boy! I can not believe you are already one. Time has gone by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday, I was at the hospital getting ready to give birth. What a year it has been. You have grown and learned so much--but have taught your dad and I even more. Being a parent sure has been a roller coaster and I have loved every minute!
I wanted to write some things down to remember your first year. There are lots of them, but these are what stuck out in my mind.

What you've been up to your first year:
-You love to stand, on anything.

-You love chocolate and ice cream. You must have your mother's sweet tooth. :)

-You don't like to be dirty. You'll make sure you cry if your messy or if your hands are dirty.

-First thing in the morning you give me the biggest smile and usually offer one of your many pacifiers to me. What a sweet offering.

-You have flown 9 times! You love plane rides and the flight attendants would pick you up and walk the isles. They all thought you were the cutest baby they had ever seen.

-You started WALKING the day before you birthday. As in yesterday! I put you on the ground, and you pulled yourself up and took 3 steps. Smiled at me and then clapped your hands while still standing.

-You can say "Dada" and "Mama"

-You have gotten at least 6-9 hair cuts. You had so much hair when you were born and you didn't lose that much!

-Swimming has become a favorite of yours. You get so excited when you get in the water and splash everything in sight. You don't mind having the water dumped on your head and you cry when we get you out.

-You love animals and you wave at every squirrel and bird we pass on our daily walks.

-At the park, your favorite thing to do is swing. I could leave you in there forever and you'd be happy.

-Sometimes, when it's quiet and I think you're in trouble somewhere, I'll find you sitting in your room reading a book. I am so happy you love books! Every night we read The Going to Bed Book and you love it.

-You are a speed demon when it comes to crawling. I can put you down and in two seconds, have no idea where you went.

-You LOVE cars and anything with wheels. You love to see sirens and flashing lights and will stop what ever you are doing if you hear a loud vehicle coming.

Happy 1st Birthday, my sweet baby boy. I love you so much and am so thankful to be your mother. What a wonderful blessing you are to our family and what a great big brother you will be someday!

9 comments:

Brie said...

Happy Birthday Dallas!

Monica McCoy said...

Holy Moley! Happy Birthday!

Clinton and Jessica said...

hey is getting so big!!! can you believe how time flies!!! Happy birthday Dallas!!!

Linda said...

What a sweet post, Tam. Happy Birthday Dallas! Enjoy the hotdogs, Toby...

Love, Linda

The Grimmett's said...

Happy Birthday big guy! He sure is cute!

Tawny said...

Happy Birthday!!! What a cute boy, I just can't believe he is already ONE.. So much fun.

lynsey said...

he is SO cute! congratulations to you all for making it through the year! i think everyone deserves a celebration. what a cute family you are!

Heather Capener said...

Happy Birthday Baby D!!! I'm glad I could stop by for a few!

Debbie said...

Oh such happy memories and thoughts of your little boy. It didn't take long for you to fall in love did it? Aren't children amazing?