For Memorial Day weekend, we decided to take a trip to Twin Falls to see the temple and to see Shoshone Falls. It was a quick 2 hour drive, so we packed up and headed out. When we got to the hotel, Toby asked if they had any free upgrades and we got one! He got us a one bedroom King Suite with a separate living room. It was great to have such a large hotel room and I wished we would've stayed more than one night.

Love this photo of Dallas looking in the mirror!!! He has his tongue sticking out.
He was so happy to be out of the car and was crawling all over the place. I love his excited expression and how he is clapping his hands.

We took Dallas swimming that night and he had such a blast. We could barely contain him to try and get a photo! He was so excited to get in the water.

What a funny photo. He is splashing and laughing/screaming-he looks a little weird in this one, but I had to throw it in. He really did have a great time.

Mom and babe.

The next morning we got up and headed out to see the falls. I wished we would've gone when the water was full---usually it covers all of the rocks, but it has been a dry summer and they had already cut off some of the water for the farms for irrigation. Still, it was pretty and fun to go and see.

We were able to have someone take our photo. It's always nice to get a photo of all three of us.

The canyon below the falls. I think this is the Snake River, but I'm not sure. It was such a hot day that we didn't do much hiking around the falls.

Cute Toby. He's such a good sport to let me take his photo. Doesn't he look great?!

Mom-I actually let Toby take one of me and the falls. You should be so proud.

Got to love the "hold your hand out as far as you can to take the photo" photo! We've been doing this shot since we started dating. I love Dallas' shoe.

Still in love after 6+ years. :)

Helping Dallas walk. He is getting so close to walking on his own. I'm sure he'll be walking by his 1st birthday.

After we were done with Twin Falls, we headed out to Balance Rock. It was pretty cool to see it. Reminded me of the Arch's and other cool rock formations in Utah. We put Dallas in the hiking back pack and hiked to the top. It was HOT.

There's my boys!

Looks like a snake's head huh?! View from the top.

There were other hikers there, so we had our photo taken. Good thing it's not up close. We were sweaty.

I put the camera on the car so we could get a photo of us down below. You can see people hiking up to it. It was pretty far up there, but it was a good hike.

We ended the night with a picnic at Balance Rock Camping area. There was a stream where people were fishing and we saw a snake (ewwww). Dallas and I enjoyed swinging and playing in the grass.

The backpack doubled as a high chair and that worked great! We ate our dinner and enjoyed the evening.

Picture of the horse shoe pits they had. My Grandpa would love these! He's a master when it comes to this game. The area was really pretty and we would love to go back and camp.
It was a great little getaway! We had so much fun in the two days that we had and it was great to be together as a family. I hope we do more of these!
1 comment:
Love these photos. I AM proud of you.
Post a Comment