We went into the doctor's today to have another ultrasound. Guess what. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I was totally bummed.
The ultrasound tech was rude and I did not like her at all. My appointment was at 9:30 and they didn't even call my name until 9:45 and I was OUT of there before 10! She didn't spend anytime looking. She told me that the baby was breach and that was a problem and that we hope the babe flips before birth. I was like, um...I'm only 21 weeks along. Babies flip all the time. You can still SEE BODY PARTS with a breached baby.
Then she told me that I was just going to have to wait till I gave birth to see what we were having and the visit was over. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?
I HATE SURPRISES. I love to plan them, but I do not like to be surprised. I like to plan and be prepared. It is not fun for me to not know. (I know I'm probably killing Shalee and Lauren-two of my good good friends who waited till birth to find out what they were having.)
When I got to the car, I burst into tears and felt so disappointed. I'm not happy. I do not want to wait to find out what we're having. I'm having a CHRISTMAS baby. That's BAD enough!
UGH.
So, I'm heading to Utah for a fam-dam reunion soon and I'm going to go to one of their malls and do that 3-D ultrasound thing that they have. I looked them up on the Internet and hopefully they'll take more time and figure out what this child will be.
Any other suggestions? It was a sad tough day. Especially since I dreamed about it last night and was so excited to find out.
And one more thing-I drank a Coke for breakfast hoping that would help. Caffeine and my body aren't good together at 8 in the morning. Just thought I'd add that in.
Monday, August 17, 2009
Totally Bummed
Posted by
Toby and Tammy
at
11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
oh poop! i was hoping to hear what it was too...even though i probably wasn't as disappointed as YOU are! and believe me, i am the exact same way.
if i had heard the ultrasound tech say that to me, i'd jam the thing back on my belly and yell, "KEEP GOING UNTIL YOU FIGURE IT OUT!"
so you're a better woman than i.
do the 3-d thing! and then let us know because i am dying here!
and ps-i am in utah too. if there's any way it would work out, i'd love to actually meet you! :)
I am sorry. That is so frusrating. We ended up going to the mall with Bell, because she did the same thing. The tech there let us stay for a long tie and come back when Bell wouldn't cooperate the first time. And I was also not excited about the prospect of a Christmas baby. It all works out in the end though. Hang in there. We look forward to seeing you guys when you come down.
I totally understand that not finding out until birth isn't for everyone. I am bummed right along with you! Sorry that the tech was so awful. Definitely check one of the 3D places while you are here...I think they always spend a good amount of time. When are you coming? I'm sure you will be busy buy maybe we could meet up for ice cream or something! Have a better day!!
AAARRRGGGHHHH! That is so annoying- I can't believe she was so quick to get you out of there!
:( So sorry....I know how that goes. Brooke never was confirmed for sure to be a girl....They did try however. She was just always in a bad position. If I was you I would say something to your dr. next time you see him/her. That isn't right to be treated that way. Sorry sweetie....hang in there!!!
Man I am SO Sorry! That stinks that she was so rude. I was going to suggest going to a 3 D place.
I would have probably started crying when she made that comment to me, and begged her to keep looking. But at least it will be cool to do the 3D thing, Tory has always wanted to try that.
I'm totally a planner just like you! My mom was so concerned when she found out we weren't finding out the gender because I am such a planner. I think that ultimately not finding out the gender helped me handle the early/surprise birth better. The whole pregnancy I just "went with the flow" and took things as they came.
If you can't figure out what you're having you can try preparing in different ways. Something that helped me was just having good solid names for a boy or girl. We got a lot of baby stuff that could go either way. While I was pregnant a friend offered to throw a baby shower and I asked her to wait until after she was born so that we could get gender specific stuff.
I know not knowing is not exactly "ideal" but there are ways you can still plan and prepare without knowing. I do hope you're able to find out though. It sucks when things don't go the way you think they should.
Sorry. . . that totally sucks! Good luck with the 3-D ultrasound though! I had one with Maisey and it was so fun to compare the ultrasound pics to what she really looked like when she was born! (I had it done at 32 weeks)
Sorry Tam, hopefully you'll be able to find a way to find out. I'm excited for you to have another one though. They will be best friends! It is so fun to see! Hope all is going well with this pregnancy and don't worry about the breach thing...yes babies flip, I got some good tricks last time too to help out so if you have any questions let me know. love you!
That's crazy, I can't believe that. I'm glad you said you were only 21 weeks along. Well, better luck next time I guess. Can't wait to see you guys soon. I'm still pretty much planning on going to Boise in September around the 24, 25th weekend. Talk to you guys soon.
So that pretty much BITES! I totally think you should get the 3-D ultrasound done! My brother's wife had it done and it was really awesome to see all the features of the baby, it really does look life like, at least on hers it did! I would also complain to your doctor about it, I totally think that was uncalled for, for the tech to act like that. Even if the doctor has nothing to do with it I still think he/she should know maybe he'd/she'd be willing to do another one or something about it. I really hope that doesn't happen with us I am not a patient person with that kind of stuff! Well we can't wait to see you guys in Utah! See ya then
Tim and Kayla
that totally stinks. sorry. i would go crazy too. i need to know things, plan ahead and also hate to be surpised!
Post a Comment