For Christmas, I gave Toby tickets to see Brad Paisley. Rodney Atkins and Chuck Wicks were the opening bands and I knew that it would be awesome concert. We went with Tory and Elizabeth and it was such a blast! We had dinner at Texas Roadhouse and of course, we got to wear our cowboy boots! We don't wear them that often since we don't go country dancing anymore. :( We had great seats, we were in the second section on the floor in the second row. You could see their faces and it was great to be so close. I love going to concerts when I can be as close to the stage as possible. Of course, I forgot to charge my camera battery so I got no photos! That's so not like me---I'll blame the pregnancy.
Chuck Wicks--He's a new artist and his song on the radio is called "Stealing Cinderella." Very cute song and he did a great job. He's quite the looker too. I am sure he'll be a big hit someday. You could meet him after the show, but we were too tired. It was a 3 1/2 hour concert! Still, it's always fun to hear a new artist and I hope he does well.
Rodney Atkins--I was almost as excited to see him as I was to see Brad Paisley. I love his songs. The best songs were "Watching You," "These are my People," "Going Through Hell" and "Cleaning this Gun." Actually, all of them were great. I really loved hearing him tell stories about the songs. He wrote the song "Watching You" about his son and even had him in the video. Then, he had to write a song about his two daughters, so that's where "Cleaning this Gun" came in. He told us that going on dates with the girls can help make the boys behave. I think I would've died if my parents came on any dates with me when I was in school! Rodney doesn't wear cowboy hats, he just wears baseball caps and someone from the crowd gave him a Boise State hat and he wore it while he sang. That was pretty cool and the crowd went wild. It was nice of him to wear it.
Brad Paisley-- He did such an awesome job! What a great entertainer and singer. I really enjoyed his music. He sang all the new songs and a bunch of his old ones too. One girl ran up on stage and kissed his cheek--she was quickly escorted off the stage and booted out of the concert. Oh well, guess she really wanted to be up close and personal!
7 comments:
Music Junkies....Bet your baby was dancing too! Sounds like fun.
Yeah!!! It was a great concert and definitely makes me what to go again.
How fun. You have quite a list going for you. I love the song "Cleaning my gun." I just heard it the other day for the first time. Brad Paisley is one of my favorite country singers too.
I agree! concerts are so much fun! And happy birthday Tammy, we love ya!
I'm jealous that you got to go. One of my co-workers went with his wife for their 20th anniversary. Funny thing that you commented on the Boise State hat. My co-worker, Robert, his wife was the one who gave it to him. She put it on the end of one of the walk ways or something like that and he picked it up and wore it. She had the hat because she had one a t-shirt on a radio show and if she wore it that night she had the chance to be picked to go back stage and so she bought a hat hoping that she would get to go backstage but then she realized that she wouldnt' be picked and she gave the hat to him.
Sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could have gone. I used to go to concerts all of the time....seems life changes a little bit. I hope you are doing well.
Hi! I am the one that gave RA that hat! (My hubby works with Jen) It was such a thrill to see him put it on ! It was a GREAT evening and ALL the singers were great.
You can visit my blog at:
http://raggedydayz.blogspot.com/
Good to meet you!
Post a Comment