Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rexburg Trip

We went to Rexburg this past weekend to see the Rexburg Temple open house. It was SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! I really enjoyed walking through the temple and the feelings that I had while in there. The rooms were gorgeous and the ceilings were amazing too. I loved the stained glass windows the best. I was amazed at how large the temple was-there were over 100 stairs!


We watched a video explaining why The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints build temples and the history of temples. It was very helpful for those who had never been inside a temple before.

Elder Holland was talking about heaven and what it would be like and he said something to the effect that if he can't have his wife and his children with him, then it just wouldn't be heaven. I can't put it as good as he did, but it was so sweet and tender. I agree with him. I can't imagine heaven without Toby and my babe! Why live this whole life with people you love only to lose them in the next life??? It wouldn't be right! So grateful we have temples.


A few of Toby's family came up for the weekend
as well. We were able to see Tara and Greg and their crazy bunch, Tallie and Isaac with Andrew and then Tim and Kayla with Maezlie. It was fun to go out to eat, and go shopping, swimming and just hang out. I snapped a few photos of Andrew and Maezlie, but didn't get any of Tara's kids. Still, it was a fun weekend. I got to see my cousin Julie and she went with us to the open house. It was fun to see her and her apartment and get a dose of college life. It brought back fun memories. We also got to see Eric and Shalee. They came and visited us Sunday night and then we out to eat on Monday. We sure miss them but are glad they finally caved and started a blog!!!


The only crappy thing about coming home to Rexburg was the weather!!!!! We had a great drive there and back but when we got to Rexburg I couldn't stand the cold! Their roads are horrible. Ice on top of ice. That's pretty much what it is. Very slushy and icy and just plain cold! Don't know how I lived there for 3 winters!!!!

See the ice????? That's how it is on all the buildings!

3 comments:

Isaac and Tallie said...

I loved seeing the temple as well. It was so fun to be with Isaac and Andrew in the Celestial and Sealing Rooms. I agree Rexburg is sooo cold. Isaac's cousin Linda asked me if you could ever see the sky. She didn't like the gloomy wintry feeling in Rexburg. I think I had forgotten how frozen it is there.

Katie L said...

We just went tonight! It was just so wonderful and beautiful! My favorite part were the Chandeliers! I'm glad you guys were able to be here for it!! We are lucky, we only live about 2 blocks below it.

C Harker said...

I'm jealous I wanted to go to the open house so bad. I lived in rexburg for almost 8 years so I think it's only fair that I get to go through that temple some day. Thanks for sharing at least I get to hear how beautiful it is from every one else. That's cool that you saw kim, she just moved back there, silly girl she needs to get married! I hear you're having a boy! congratulations how exciting.