Why is it that I can NEVER capture him quite right? He looks a little funny in the photo but was so happy sitting in his laundry basket. He is such a ham. The photo is blurry-of course. Even with my awesome camera, he still moves waaaaaay to fast for me!
Anyways, we bought a led light set that works on battery instead of being plugged in because I knew Dallas wouldn't leave the tree alone and was not about to let him pull or play with the plug. It's a good thing because he drags that tree everywhere! If we're in the living room-the tree is too. It's so funny. I need to get a video of it. I am letting him have some safe ornaments and as of now, there is only one on there. I'm waiting to get our tree up before I drag all the ornaments out.
Can I just say that I love this kid?! He makes me so happy and tired. I love that my job is to take care of him. I feel very blessed to be able to stay home and not have to work. I miss teaching so much, but know this is where I should be. I am doing my most important teaching right now.
Today was a bum of a day. Dallas was grouchy, I was grouchy. Toby had a restless night because he is getting over the flu, which led to me having a restless night, which led to lots of bathroom trips because every time I would wake up, I would have to go! Anyways, on days like today when my spirits are down I often think of Molly and of the Maile Family and that helps put things in perspective. Life is so fragile and we just expect to be given one more day. I will make tomorrow be a better day.
One last random thought- I LOVE my van. After waiting and saving for soooooo long, it feels so nice to have a vehicle that you love. It would hurt my back so bad to crawl in the car and put Dallas in his car seat. And to have to bend down to get in and pull yourself up. And as much I like driving a stick-it would make me tired. I feel so blessed to have a new reliable car! I actually got excited when I went shopping by myself the other day because it was so stinkin' easy. I had automatic doors and plenty of room for my stuff. It was awesome. And the fact that it is completely paid for is just the cherry on top.
I found this quote on one of my friends blogs and thought it went perfectly with my feelings of our van. I know it was probably talking about more spiritual things than a vehicle, but it still rings true in my book.
"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come."
Joseph F Smith
So true!
4 comments:
Well since you are having a baby right before Christmas, I won't judge you for putting your stuff out before Thanksgiving....Hahahaha!!! Just kidding!
Dallas looks like SO much fun! He's going to be a great big brother! :)
So glad for a peek inside your life and your heart each time you update.
Love the laundry photos of that little guy you love.
Motherhood brings JOY - it's not always fun, or easy stuff, or organized houses, or "just as planned events" with hair and clothes "as seen on TV." But certainly a deep contentment and satisfaction that comes with service and love and knowing you're doing the most important thing.
Thanks for being my wonderful daughter that I used to take pictures of in laundry baskets, and I used to strap into carseats and who used to make me happy and tired and....gave me a chance to be a mother! :) :) :)
I love the little tree and Dallas becoming so attached to it, awesome. I know what you mean about the whole nesting thing. My problem though is that I want to nest, but I am always stuck on the couch and that just makes me more crazy. And thanks for reminding me that being a mom is best thing right now.
Post a Comment