Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm a VIP

As a new primary presidency, we decided to start doing a spotlight on a primary kid each week. So we decided to create a VIP bag. I got the idea from my Mom and what they do in her primary. We'll pick a reverent kid each week to take the bag home and fill it with a few things that describe him. Then the next Sunday, they can share with the primary and it will go to the next most reverent kid and so forth.

I was in charge of getting it ready and this is what I came up with! A small black canvas bag from Jo Ann's and then a CTR girl and boy image that I found on the Internet along with a VIP badge that I created. I just printed the images on transfer paper, colored them and ironed them on the bag. Not too shabby. The boy and girl turned out pretty cute and the shield mimics the CTR one. I used puff paint to go over the edges-haven't used that in years, so it was pretty fun to play with.

I'm going first tomorrow as an example of what to bring/say to the kids, so I'll let you know if they liked the bag. Hope it's a fun thing to add to our primary!

4 comments:

Tory and Elizabeth said...

How awesome!!! I am going to have to file that idea away for future referenc.

Carol said...

So cute and very clever! Can I come to Primary and be a VIP kid?

Lauren said...

What a fun idea! I realize now that I am no longer Primary president there are so many fun things to do that we never even thought of!! You are so crafty & I am jealous!!

Debbie said...

I love it. So cute!!!!! You always make such cute and creative things - but I have to say my favorite creation of yours is.....DALLAS!