Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Action Outside and Porch Furniture

 The city is doing some water work and so the roads are closed for a few weeks.  This is what I get to see everyday outside my front door.  Not so exciting to me.....but to Dallas and Wes, it's heaven.  Big trucks/sweepers/diggers/drillers-you name it.  It's like a car show right outside our house!

 The boys happily watching the workers.

 Cute shirt for Dallas.  He loves Curious George.

 My new porch furniture!  I copied a friend who had the same set and told her I loved it.  Luckily she didn't mind if I bought the same stuff.  I'll change the pillows as the season changes, but it's been so much fun to sit outside and watch the boys play.

 Cute pillows huh!

 More trucks.  It is so loud.  Good thing my kids take naps with noise makers on.

 Look who showed up at our house!?  They were checking some hydrants and pulled up right in front of our house.  What a fun and busy day it has been.

 Dallas loves firetrucks.  He was so excited.

 Wes was excited too.  Whatever Dallas does, Wes follows. 


When they were done, they came and said hi to the boys.  We got in the truck and looked around and they gave us stickers and pencils.  They were very kind to the boys and it was sweet how they took their time and talked to us.  Thank you Firefighters! 

It was a great day for the boys.

4 comments:

Shalee said...

Sounds like your house has every boy's favorite things out front! Kooper would have loved it too! She loves trucks. If you guys make it over to the side of the state before September you'll all have to stop by the fire station and have Eric give you a tour! He'd even let the boys honk the horn!

Shalee said...

P.S. I LOVE your patio furniture! Those pillows are so cute! I am loving then yellow!

Shalee said...

P.S. I LOVE your patio furniture! Those pillows are so cute! I am loving then yellow!

Heidi Bitsch said...

Umm, that patio furniture is way cute!!! And I love, love, love, those pillows! What a fun day for your boys with all that heavy machinery around. =]