I had heard that there was going to be a race downtown to promote awareness of the dangers of prostate cancer. It's called Main Street Mile and happens every year, but this was the first year we had known about it. Toby came home from work and told me that Dallas' friend Jack was going to run the kids part. I thought that maybe we could hurry and see if Dallas could run as well. We threw the kids in the car and off we went.
Dallas and Toby were able to register and be a part of the race. For the little kids, it's only a half a mile and they chase the ice-cream truck! Then after the race they get a ribbon and ice-cream. What fun we had!
I LOVE Boise. The longer we're here, the more we want to settle down and raise our family here. So many fun things to do and in a pretty classy city too. I love all the outdoor events and the weather is great too.
Dallas, Lola (Jack's cousin) and Jack. They are all all the same age-Jack will turn 3 in August. Dallas and Jack go to nursery together and I work with his mom in Primary.Wes was a little bummed he didn't get to race. Next year buddy!
They have their numbers and shirts and are ready to go!
Thank goodness for great strollers and snacks! We left before dinner so I had to grab a bottle for Blue and treats for Wes.
Buster the Bronco!!! So fun to see him and Dallas was in heaven.
St. Al's hospital is a big sponsor and we were able to see their mascot, the bear. He gave Dallas a great big huh.
Holding Blue. His hair is falling out (boo) and his skin is shedding so.dang.bad.
Hi!
The Mascot Race. I LOVED this! It was hilarious to see all the mascots run in the race. It was just like a scene from a movie.....a bunch of crazy 'things' running down the street.
And they're off!!! Parents of small kids had to run with them. I like how Toby is so tall compared to all the kiddos!
Where's Dallas?!?!
Running to the finish line!!!!
You're almost there!
You did it!!!
Happy boy. His first race. When you ask him how he did, he says "I won!" Cute little guy.
Yum.
The Fam.
Winners! The kids had a great time running.
"Mom, it's from Cars! A stop light! Can I have it?"
Chillin' by the fountains.
He wanted to get in, so Daddy threw him in. Just kidding.....
But, when we turned our backs for TWO seconds, Dallas started to get in. Luckily we caught him when he only had one leg in. His leg and shoe/sock were soaked. Good thing we caught him. Silly boy.
Harrison is starting to smile. So now I have to capture all the dorky half smile faces till I get a good one.
Can't believe I have three boys. Holy cow.
What a fun night. So glad we decided to go and enjoy the race and downtown. It was a blast!
3 comments:
How cute!!!! Sounds like it was so much fun! I can't believe you have three boys either....but dang they're cute! Blue is getting so big already and he's just as handsome as his brothers!
that's a fun friday night! Love the updates.
What a fun day! Kid races are the cutest. :)
Post a Comment