I am so ticked! I have been waiting to eat my strawberries for a while now and every day Dallas and I go check on them when we water the garden. We had about 6 getting ready to turn red and be picked.....until today.
I went to take a photo of our progress when I noticed that there were NO strawberries. NONE! On all 4 plants there was nothing. Then I saw the above photo. I was so mad. Stupid squirrels ate my strawberries!!!!
Dallas was mad too. He has been waiting to eat them for a long time and now we'll have to wait even longer!!!
This is my bummed face.
Telling my Mom. I got no sympathy from Toby so I had to call someone who would understand my pain. I was soooooo looking forward to my own strawberries. They always taste better!
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I bought bird netting for our strawberries and blueberries yesterday ... and all three plants were picked clean last night. I feel your pain! Such a sad day.
Time to get a scarecrow made. Make it so it will scare away the squirrels and the birds. Maybe since you didn't get any feelings from Toby you could have him be the scarecrow!!
I love your and Dallas' angry faces! But that is frustrating!
You make me laugh. Sorry about the strawberries. Love the pictures.
maybe you have just saved my raspberries. We are just at the stage of watching them grow and waiting for them to get ripe. Bird netting. I'll check at Home Depot.
In the squirel's defense, he can't go into albertson's and buy a pint of strawberries... he has to get them the old fashioned way -find them and steal them.
Dang squirrels. That would be very frustrating. I've also heard that placing some rubber snakes around the strawberries can help deter the birds and squirrels.
Post a Comment