On the 5th Sunday, there is no specific topic for Sharing Time in Primary. I usually follow the Primary Outline but this past Sunday, I browsed on line for different ideas. Since football is on every one minds---here is what I found! Scripture Bowl! I found it on
Little LDS Ideas. Loved the idea so I got to work creating my own. I decided to have it be Scripture Power Football so we could play it on more than one Sunday. I based my questions off of some of hers that she had made and tailored them to fit our Primary. They were questions that dealt with all of The Standard Works, individual scripture hero's, primary songs and so forth. Each team had a chance to score a touch down and moved the ball down the field by answering the questions correctly and then moving the amount of yards printed on the card.
I made the poster using SCAL and my Cricket and Toby drew the yard lines for me. The football is movable and I had fun creating the field.
Primary went wonderfully! I think the kids really loved the game. One team was named The Steelers :) and the other team choose The Nephites as their name. We ran out of time and will have to play again. The kids did pretty good on the questions!
1 comment:
I love this. Primary should be fun. Dad taught Melissa's class on Sunday and had the kids name a football team for Zion. We came up with the CTR's or the Warriors. I think the gospel should include football. Why do you think the SuperBowl is played on a Sunday? And there is Monday night football. It's all in the program with FHE...
Now I'm in trouble....
Post a Comment