Sunday, February 13, 2011

Scripture Power


Working in Primary (I'm a counselor in the presidency) I get the opportunity to come up with new ideas for teaching sharing time and also teaching the kids all about this years theme--"I know the Scriptures are True." 
We wanted the kids to have their own Book of Mormon so we decided to put little bags together with the BOM, a scripture marker pencil and an Articles of Faith punch card.  We want them to work on memorizing them. 
They turned out so cute!!  I created a stencil and then painted the theme on the bags.  Ordered the books and pencils from the Distribution Center and added the cards. 


 Lots of the kids don't have their own set of scriptures, so it was great to be able to give them a Book of Mormon.  They really loved them and I hope they will bring them to church and use them at home.

We wanted to have the kids start to bring their scriptures to church every week so we came up with this little chart.  If they bring their scriptures, they will get to add a gumball to the machine.  Once it's filled up we'll have some sort of party.  Then I'll create another poster of some sort.  The senior kids all liked how I wrote Chews instead of Choose.  They thought I was pretty clever.  :) 

I love serving in Primary--the kids are so great and I learn so much from them.

3 comments:

The Jatens said...

Really, really cute. Where did you get the bags? Oriental Trading?

Lindsey Walker said...

Tammy These are so so cute! I love them. You are so creative!

The Carters said...

I want those bags! They are so cute!