We stayed at the Ocean Front Surfside Resort in Rockaway. Our room was right on the ocean and it was the perfect location for the trip. We ended up getting two rooms that connected and I am so glad because that became the boys room! I was able to put the boys to sleep and have somewhat of an evening with Toby. Even though we pretty much went to bed the same time they did! We had a small kitchen and fridge, so we didn’t have to eat out the whole time. I brought most of our food from home and that helped save money.
Here is what the place looked like from the beach. We were in the first building, bottom floor, last room on the right. It’s blocked off from the photo, but you get the idea. LOVED listening to the ocean! I think we kept our sliding glass door opened the whole time were in the room. Every night I would go out and listen to the waves. Such a great sound! My own little noise maker.
Twin Rocks in the background. It sure was beautiful to see all the cliffs and rocks and what not. Such a different feel and look than the sandy white beaches of Florida.
Wes and Toby. It was so dang windy!
He had a hard time breathing if due to his cold and if his face was in the wind, he would freak out! Had to keep him bundled up warm.
Our first night, we had lasagna and hot french bread. Dallas usually is a picky eater, but he scarffed this down! He wanted to get back to the water and play. Wes was content sitting in the bumbo and eating whatever non baby food we would give him. He does not like baby food at all and I dread feeding the kid!
View from our room. The sun was starting to set. This was the only clear night we had so I’m glad I captured the sun setting. All the other nights were cloudy.
Such a pretty beach. The ocean is one of my most favorite places to be! I’ve been to lots of beaches. Florida, South Carolina, Jersey Shore, New York, California, Washington, Brazil and I love them all. But I will say that Naples, Florida is my absolute favorite. My heart breaks thinking about how the gulf is ruined by the oil spill.
It was cold out! Thanks Wes for closing your eyes.
Despite it being FREEZING with the wind, Dallas was so happy to be back on the beach and playing in the sand.
Always has to have a car of some sort.
Pretty beach
My boys.
Mountains in the background.
This kid is nuts! Doesn’t he know how cold the water is?!?!?!?
He started to jump in the puddles that were around as the tide was going out. He even decided to just sit down in them! He’s crazy!!!
Who knows how long he would’ve stayed out there, but I was cold and I wasn’ t even wet! We dragged him kicking and screaming back to the condo and gave him a nice warm bath. He crashed shortly after. It was a good day. :)
1 comment:
Wow! Next time I want to come! Such a great set up with the rooms and kitchen. What a great vacation for you guys!
Post a Comment