To say he was amazed would be an understatement! This kid was shocked at just how big the water was. We tried to explain what the ocean would look like and how it was like a giant tub but it still didn’t prepare him. He LOVED it. The above photo is him yelling at us to hurry up so he could go play.
I love how he is running as fast as he can towards the water. I also love how he quickly turned and ran AWAY from the water!!! I think the waves freaked him out at first. He kept a smile on his face that whole night.
Now he’s running away-it became a game to us. We would run up to the water as it was going out and then as the waves were coming to the shore, we’d run away.
The ocean is amazing. I am reminded of the beauty of this earth. I am so thankful I get to experience it.
Wish this wasn’t so dark—and I should’ve gotten his shadow too! Still, you can see how happy he is to be on the beach. He takes after his momma! Sun, sand and water is my happy place.
Such a happy boy. This was the coldest day we were there. The wind was horrible and I was worried that this is how it was going to be the whole time! Luckily it calmed down for the rest of the vacation.
Twin Rocks are in the background. I was so happy and excited that Dallas liked the beach. It was a great feeling to share something with him. He may only be 2, but my little 2 year old amazes me at all the things he is learning and remembering. Even now that we’re home, he still talks about the beach and wants to go back. Someday little buddy!!! (and we’ll go to a WARM beach too)
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Dallas’ First Time Seeing the Ocean
Posted by
Toby and Tammy
at
7:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have never seen Dallas smile in so many pictures! He is so happy! He is truely your kid. I remember you and Toby spending every free minute at the beach in Naples. Love these pictures Tammy! So glad you captured the emotion of the moment. Hey I like Toby's jacket too. It is black and gold but not Steelers - is it a soccer team?
Post a Comment