Friday, July 16, 2010

Seaside Aquarium

DSC_5782

We went to Seaside’s tiny aquarium when we first arrived.  It was still a lot of fun even though it was so little.  They had a little touch pond and lots of windows to see things from the ocean.  Dallas was in heaven!  He loves all animals-especially when they can’t get to him. 

DSC_5739

Looking and touching the starfish.  He was a bit nervous at first, but then he did just fine. 

DSC_5740 DSC_5745

Trying to get Wes to look at the camera….no such luck. 

DSC_5747

Guess it helps to have someone take the photo for you!  Then Wes can’t reach for it. 

DSC_5748

There was a stencil/coloring area for the kids.  Dallas had fun coloring an octopus, fish and other sea creatures.

DSC_5749

DSC_5754

This is Victor.  He was the BIGGEST LOBSTER I have ever seen in my life.  Can’t remember the story behind it, but he was stolen and dropped and that’s how he died.  Sad huh. 

DSC_5755

The seals were our favorite part!  You could feed them fish for $1 so that’s what we did! 

DSC_5756

They would clap their belly and try and splash you if you didn’t feed them quick enough.  A lady feeding them got soaked because one seal just kept splashing her!  It was fun to watch.           DSC_5757   DSC_5763 DSC_5765

There was a tiny window that you could bend down and see them-this one swam right up to me and I tried to take a photo as quickly as I could.  It’s blurry, but still cute.

DSC_5767

Toby and Dallas with the fish-GROSS.  I didn’t think Dallas would touch it but he did.  He had a lot of fun throwing the food to them.

DSC_5773    Good job buddy!! DSC_5775 DSC_5777 DSC_5780

It was a fun little experience.  Dallas loves animals and so Toby and I enjoyed sharing that with him.  Wes didn’t do too bad himself!  Then again, his mother was holding him the whole time.  :)

No comments: