Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 12-Spice Cabinets


Today's challenge is to clean out the Spice Cabinets. 

Before

 Mine weren't too bad, but they did need to be cleaned.

After

 Top shelf holds baking goods like brown sugar, powder sugar, chocolate and a bunch of choc/butterscotch/baking chips.  The ones that are open are in my freezer.

Second shelf holds large refill items, stuff I don't use often and frosting.

 The third shelf holds my cooking books (which I got rid of some-but kept my Kraft Foods mags---they have some of the best recipes!), and some baking supplies.
Bottom shelf holds my spices (which I got rid of a bunch due to being waaaaay old), salt and pepper and a few other items.  I need to go get another lazy susan for this shelf.

 All Clean!



Next I cleaned out the shelf above my stove and microwave.  This holds extras and things I use when I cook. 

 It just needed to be wiped down and re-organized.  I can't put in a lazy susan due to the hood vent, so I just lined things up nicely.

Easy!  Now I can get to my oils, sprays, vinegar and what not.  The extras are in the back.

Now for trying to get one of the earlier challenges done.  Anyone else doing this challenge?!? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done!

Shalee said...

Looks good! I love how you feel after you've organized/cleaned something out! Keep up the good work! I think i"m going to do the challenge but not until February. I'm going down to UT soon to watch my nieces and nephew for 11 days while they're parents are in Guatemala. So I don't want to start it knowing I wont be home to finish it. So I just think I'll do after everyone else has finished...on my own time.