Thursday, February 21, 2008

Busy week and going crazy

This week has been sooo busy! I can't believe it's already Thursday.

Monday was FHE with the singles, we played dodgeball....I just watched. The last thing I want is to get hit in the belly! Toby had a good time but now I have heard nothing but complaints from him. "My back hurts." "My arms are sore." Poor baby-he's sore from dodgeball! :) Cute kid.

Tuesday was our baby class. Oh boy-we saw a video of a live birth. Why were all the women naked???? I WILL NOT BE NAKED when I give birth. I can't stand to be naked anyways, so it will be tough to just wear the stupid hospital gown. The video was pretty good, a little gross. There was a lady in the class with us who was freaking out. She did not want to give birth and when she saw the baby's head crown, I thought she was going to pass out. It was pretty funny and made me feel better. That's mean, but at least there is someone more nervous than I am to give birth! All I can say is please, please, bring on the drugs.
We also practiced the breathing techniques.....Toby made fun of me the whole time. "he he he whooooo"

Wednesday was Toby's day off. We went to Costco and saw the eye doctor, spent all our money and ate lunch. Then we headed over to Boise State for the Job Fair. Didn't see anything that peaked our interest. Next it was off to our storage place to put more crap in from our spare bedroom and what happens??? Our radiator fluid leaks out of the car. Just lovely.....drive it to the car place to find out the lid was loose and created a volcanic effect. No big deal, car is fine. SO THANKFUL! Most of you know that both of our lovely cars are lemons.... and that we have quite the car stories.......someday we'll get our Lexus'! :)
Last was our ward's temple night...Toby and I were the only ones to show up! Oh well, it was a wonderful night and well needed.

Tonight is my cooking class and Toby has school. I am learning about pastas. VERY EXCITED! I LOVE pasta. I'll be sure to post the recipes on the fam cooking blog. Jothan is an amazing cook and I am glad that he is teaching these classes.

As for this weekend, Toby is on call on Friday and Sunday and then has class all day on Saturday. I am making him Brasilian Beans and Rice for his class bc he is doing a presentation on Brasil. Fun stuff. I feel like a Room Mother. (side note-ever since going to Brasil, I spell it their way, not the way we do. Brazil/Brasil-weird huh) As for me, I'll be finishing up any chores I didn't do and then I think I'll scrapbook. I haven't done that forever and I made a goal to get my high school and Toby's high school finished before the baby comes.....I'd better get started!!

NOW FOR THE CRAZY

This morning at 7:20, I was rudely awakened by my bed shaking!!!! MY BED WAS MOVING......It freaked me out bc I had no idea what was going on. I looked at our ceiling fan and the pully thing was also moving. I didn't have a clue what was going on. I then went back to bed only to be woken up again when Toby called and he told me that Nevada had had an earthquake and that we felt here in Boise!!! I wasn't CRAZY, my bed really was MOVING. I've never been in an earthquake and even though it didn't happen here, it was the strangest feeling to be moving when you know you're not supposed to be......insane.

Now I'm off to Wal Mart to do some grocery shopping. That's also a crazy place, wish me luck.

7 comments:

Daines said...

I'm sort of jealous you got to experience an earthquake in a safe way. I've always wanted to know what that would be like!

Kimberly said...

I cant believe y'all felt the earthquake! We didn't either that or I sleep really hard now. But I hear Hannah roll over in the other room, so I find it hard to believe that I wouldn't feel the bed shake. Where are the pictures of your belly?!? When are y'all coming to Rexburg next?

Debbie said...

I wish I was asleep at 7:20. I initiate my own earthquake trying to get the kids out the door for school. I am shaking them like a 7.3 on the ricter scale. Hurry, you're going to be late, did you get your homework, aren't you wearing a coat, your hair is fine, oh and I love you!

Isaac and Tallie said...

We had an emergency preparedness ward meeting last night and talked about when the last earthquake was...that morning, and then this morning we had another one not far from here. I think I should get my 72 hr kits prepared. I am taking it as a sign to prepare, but I am sure it was just coincidence. I can't believe you felt it though. I am glad you were safe. Glad your car is okay as well. Good luck with the classes!

Mel said...

I remember thinking the same thing about the birthing video..."Why are they naked." But I must tell you, modesty is the last thing you will be concerned about when you are in labor.
The earthquake story is crazy. I can't even imagine what that would have felt like. Crazy!

Katie L said...

You have been very busy! Yeah, I never went to the baby class, but heard all about the videos. I was already terrified to give birth....and still am! I can't believe you have never been in an Earthquake-that seems so weird tome because growing up in Alaska, we had them all the time. I hope things calm down for you...unless you like being that busy-hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Ok I am so glad we weren't there for the earthquake!!! I HATE EARTHQUAKES!!! Having grown up in southern CA and experienced them often, I don't exactly have fond memories of them. I am absolutely terrified of them. We moved to Boise my Senior year in high school. The last earthquake I experienced I was a junior in high school. It was in the middle of the night and I went running in my parents room. I slept on the floor by their bed for the rest of the night. Pathetic I know... I wasn't kidding when I said I am terrified of earthquakes!!!